MD-807 Internet Radio Tuner
MD-807 Internet Radio Tuner
When creating a line of INTERNET MEDIA TUNERS worthy of inclusion in any high-performance audio system, we wanted to build not only world-leading products, but also a flexible line-up. Boasting the same functionality found in our MD 809 INTERNET MEDIA TUNER, the MD 807 is a product built with the audio-purist in mind. With simplified styling, the MD 807 features a beefy audio stage, our top-end DAC design not often found in a source device. It is yet another product that is helping us put Internet radio and connected digital music collections on the same plane as more conventional sources in home audio.
- Multiple Audio Sources: Access to over 20,000 Internet Radio stations and podcasts via on board WiFi antenna or LAN. Access to terrestrial FM, DAB/DAB+ (where available), and locally connected music collections in a variety of formats (including AACs, Real, MP3s, FLAC and WMA).
- Intuitive & Simple Software: Internet radio stations are neatly organized and searchable by various categories (including country of origin, most popular, favorites). Touch screen displays easy-to-read information on current track's metadata, genre, bit rate, codec and sampling rate. Personal audio collections (attached via local network or USB flash stick/hard drive) are easy to navigate via artist name, album name or genre. When connected, the software automatically connects to the host for the latest firmware updates.
- Simple Functionality: With a 1" faceplate, a stately 3.5" touch screen on the faceplate, and a solid aluminum chassis, the MD 807 is a simple and refined piece of audio gear. The functional remote is also upgradeable to our metal encased touch screen remote (standard on the MD 809), and operation is equally easy whether standing beside the unit or from a distance.
- Digital-to-Analog Conversion: This full time upconverting DAC is also found in our MD 809, - a proven design that is based on the reality of signal variability in the digital domain. To ensure a consistent, high-quality signal is fed to our audio stage, the full-time upconverting DSP built into the design boosts all incoming signals to 24-bit/192kHz, and when combined with components widely recognized as the best in the field, the resultant output is a perfectly clocked, incredibly accurate signal that is virtually jitter-free.
- Audio Output Stage: Nearly identical to the audio stage found in our MD 107T FM Tuner, and, the MD 807 is a full triode design, with 2 cryo-treated 6922 vacuum tubes at its core. Our analog output stages have been refined over our 25+ years in the FM tuner business, and are, without a doubt, the chief contributor to our product's legendary sound quality.
- World Leading Components: Mundorf Supreme and Audiocap capacitors, Kimber Hyperpure wiring throughout the unit, golf-plated tube sockets, WBT connectors and other no-compromise components all combine to deliver incredible transparency and detailed high frequency response.
- Power Supply & Ground Plane: Like all Magnum Dynalab products, particular attention has been paid to the grounding plane. As in many of our devices, a unique grounding loop built into the device eliminates the inherent troubles with chassis grounding, and the result is a signal free of impurities that originate with the ground plane. Add a toroidal power supply, and Beldon silver coated wire to connect the independent boards in the unit, and the result is sound free of ripple or transient noises - only the pure original signal.
- Flexible Outputs: With RCA and balanced analog outputs, the MD 807 will seamlessly integrate into any home audio system. It also features RCA and optical digital outputs.
TRACC Audio Stage