MD-806 Internet Radio Tuner
MD-806 Internet Radio Tuner
The 2nd introduction in our line-up of INTERNET MEDIA TUNERS , the MD 806 brings years of expertise in analog sound staging, our proven development in D-to-A conversion technology, and innovative new software to unlock a near limitless access to music. With access to over 20,000 Internet radio stations and the ability to unlock the true sound potential in your digital music collection, the MD 806 can be a true staple among your collection of source audio products.
- Multiple Audio Sources: Access to over 20,000 Internet Radio stations and podcasts via on board WiFi antenna or LAN. Access to terrestrial FM, DAB/DAB+ (where available), and locally connected music collections in a variety of formats (including AACs, Real, MP3s, FLAC and WMA).
- Intuitive & Simple Software: Internet radio stations are neatly organized and searchable by various categories (including country of origin, most popular, favorites). Touch screen displays easy-to-read information on current track's metadata, genre, bit rate, codec and sampling rate. Personal audio collections (attached via local network or USB flash stick/hard drive) are easy to navigate via artist name, album name or genre. When connected, the software automatically connects to the host for the latest firmware updates.
- Simple Functionality: With a 3/8" faceplate, a stately 3.5" color touch screen on the faceplate, and a solid steel chassis, the MD 806 is a direct cosmetic match with the slightly beefier MD 807 - a simple and refined piece of audio gear. The functional remote is also upgradeable to our metal encased touch screen remote (standard on the MD 809), and operation is equally easy whether standing beside the unit or from a distance.
- Audio Output Stage: Sharing the same circuit topology that is found in our MD 100T FM tuner, this audio stage is more characteristic of products at much higher price points. At the centerpiece of this design are 2 MD reference 6922 vacuum tubes in the output stage, delivering 100% of the gain in this full triode unit. The low impedance output helps eliminate the sensitivity to the type of interconnect cables used, and helps to create the trademark sound that Magnum Dynalab products are known for.
- World Leading Components: Wima capacitors, Kimber Hyperpure wiring throughout the unit, gold-plated tube sockets, upgraded connectors and other components from world-recognized suppliers are all a testament to the overall build quality of the MD 806 - ensuring long life and listening enjoyment for many years.
- Power Supply & Ground Plane: Like all Magnum Dynalab products, particular attention has been paid to the grounding plane. The same unique grounding loop found in many of our top-end products is also designed into the MD 806, and the result is a signal free of impurities that originate with the ground plane. A custom toroidal power supply ensures all voltages are kept within our exacting specifications, leaving an unimpeded original signal to flow through the unit's components.
- Flexible Outputs: With RCA and balanced analog outputs, the MD 806 will seamlessly integrate into any home audio system. The unit also comes equipped with optical and RCA digital outputs, for use with an external DAC.
MD 807 Audio Stage