MD-100T Tube Tuner
MD-100T Tube Tuner
The third addition to our line of Triode Tube FM ANALOG tuners, the MD 100T is built with the same precision aligned R.F. section found in the highly capable MD 100. In addition, we have added the specially designed JJ 6922 tubes in the audio amplification stage, providing audio realism for those customers with a special partiality for the tube experience. The MD 100T offers not only a new reference in terms of sonic realism, but also yields the utmost in flexibility through our optional Precision Analog Remote System, and standard balanced audio outputs.
As in all Magnum Dynalab analog tuners, we design and build the MD 100T's highly adept 4-stage RF front end in-house. This unit is sure to extract the most intricate signals from amongst the milieu of FM congestion that abounds in today's urban markets. Additional support is given through our custom Auto Blend RF circuit, which constantly monitors and varies your stereo separation insuring optimal "stereo quieting" during your listening sessions .
RF & Audio Stage Dseign Featrues
- custom designed and manufactured in-house design.
- Multiple Bandwidth Settings: The MD 100T offers 2 bandwidth settings to produce the best sound where adjacent channel interference is, or is not a factor.
- Dual AGC (automatic gain control) stage: This automatic circuit design eliminates the need for a local and distant switch, altering the amount of relative gain that's added to the incoming signal.
- Auto Blend RF Circuit: Automatically monitors and adjusts stereo separation to maximize "stereo quieting", insuring the quietest stereo signal as possible. This greatly eliminates background noise.
- Defeatable Mute: Eliminates any interstation noise while tuning
- Analog Meters: Functional and easy-to-read multipath/signal strength measurements, showcased through an analog meter.
- JJ 6922 Vacuum Tubes: Included in the audio amplification stage, our JJ 6922 tubes are designed to our exacting standards and tested individually for specifications.
- .093 Thick Printed Circuit Board: A solid footing to minimizes any residual vibration in the chassis to allow all components to operate at peak performance. Further, all contact points are generously gold plated to ensure complete signal transfer over the long haul.
- Balanced Output with Gold Plated Neutrik Connectors: Fully complimentary circuit insures a perfectly balanced signal, and exact dimensions ensure maximum conductivity.
- RS-232 Port: For seamless integration with any whole house audio system.
- WBT Unbalanced (RCA) Output Connectors: Low tolerance connector made of highly ductile "OFC" copper, and 24 carat gold plated ensures a solid contact for interconnects
- Kimber Hyper-Pure Copper Wiring in the Audio Path: High grade wiring throughout the audio path provides a clean, uncolored path for the signal through the audio stage of the unit. Through the hand matching of internal IF components, the MD-100T excels in RF Selectivity and tuning Sensitivity. The MD-100T will assure you the consistency of performance our customers have come to expect from Magnum Dynalab.
Why Analog ?
Many people question why we are one of the only companies that continue to build a truly ANALOG FM tuner and ANALOG remote control. The answer is very simple. The best SOUND can only be produced when the signal received by the tuner is tuned and maintained in the ANALOG domain. By maintaining the signal in the ANALOG domain the customer has infinite tuning across the FM band; this is achieved by the use of a knob instead of the pushbutton step function tuning offered by a digital tuner. Because of our design and manufacturing process, the front end and the IF (intermediate frequency) amplifiers are precision aligned, which guarantees that all specifications are met all the time; this is not possible in a digitally tuned tuner, as they are dependent on the tolerances of the components.
By calibrating and aligning the IF (intermediate frequency) amplifiers we are optimizing SOUND, SENSITIVITY and SELECTIVITY.