RKV MK 3 Headphone Amp
RKV MKIII EAR PHONE AMP
Audio enthusiasts who listen to their music via headphones usually have more than one pair of headphones for their enjoyment. To take this into account, we have developed the new RKV Mark 3 headphone amplifier. This amplifier is designed to offer optimum performance for a variety of low to high impedance headphones. This amplifier will give hours of immersive fatigue free listening and works flawlessly over the entire frequency range. This amplifier is a must have for anyone searching to discover new depths in music and sounds via headphones. The new RKV MARK 3 headphone tube amplifier is a beauty. It's ability to render fully believable, 3D images, replete with harmonic richness is unparalleled. That's what it comes back to, again - music. Amid all the subjective observations and objective measurements that one can muster, the ineffable, emotional feel of the music is what many of us are seeking. And it will be so easy you'll wonder how you ever survived without it. The RKV MARk 3 is simply such a stellar performer it doesn't leave much left to be desired.
AudioValve puts most of our budget towards the sound quality of our design and components rather than all of the audio jewelry and marketable designs featured by some of the comparable sounding amplifiers on the market. We would say on sound alone it outclasses its price point, for design and fit and finish it fulfills our expectations of an established company in this price range. Sound wise this amplifier ticks all the boxes, great tonality, world class 3D sound stage, a noise floor on par with all but the very best valve based amplifiers, and macro and micro dynamics in spades. The sound quality of the RKV MARK 3 is of absolute top reference level for an OTL based headphone tube amplifier. The pros to this are rock very low noise floor, low distortions, high frequence range, high damping, very natural and musical tonality, wide impedance matching, perfect open soundstage and so on. This amp isn't for the weak of heart - this is an audioholic's . Highly recommended is an understatement, we can't tell you how impressed we have been with the development of this headphone tube amplifer.
The excellent results the headphone amplifier RKV MARK 3 provides, aren´t only based on the sophisticated design of the circuit board.
A perfect developed circuit design is only perfect when it is implemented in accordance with the practice.
For all these products AudioValve theoretical and practical symboise is harmonious and coherent.
This leads to a matchless musical reproduction of all sound sources.
Also in RKV Mark 3 is a fully automatic biasing servo controller to use. In our new approach we have chosen a OPA134.
In this picture you can see the left section of the board, the phono section and the right headphone protector. The phono module is classic old school style and built with hand selected components, and fantastic musically.
The headphone protector reliably protects the headphones from pulses that can occur when switching ON or switching OFF the amplifier. The outputs of the amplifier are shorted for this time both on power as in both cases.
- consequence double mono design
- 2 * 0,15mm copper for top and bottom layer
- multi VIA layer grounding basis, pcb design is based on the theoretical principles of the "kelvin - wiring"
- heavy 3 mm laser cuted steel case - couted
- clipping indicator ( show you faulty tube or overload )
- 8 power tubes ( 4 per channel ) - PCL805
- full automatic DC / AC servo biasing
- multi match transfomers ( PIKATRON ) included
- power output mode selector - OTL / match - transfomers
- ALPS volume control
- BALANCE pot. +/- 3dB
- 2 * NEUTRIK output combi headphone jackets - 6,3mm & XLR
- 5 * inputs; 2 * RCA & XLR; 2 * RCA only; 1* RCA phono MM out
- 1 * RCA - REC output, offer all connected soures and PHONO too for sec. line ( pre ) amps
- 1 * pair XLR jackets for "power out" for power amps ( OTL output ratio: 10:1 )
- 4 * isolated heavy gold plated stereo speaker terminals
- green illuminated main power switch for power ON mode
- heating and plate voltage "soft start" circuit
- headphone protector circuit
- reversible heating / plate current limiter
- installed OPA 134
- highly accurate implementated stereo MM phono modul - "old school design"
1 - case color: standard - black or silver -
2 - "limited EDITION ivory white colored case" - hand selected parts < 1% tolerances and a lot of more expensive specails
- power consumption: 120 watt
- weight: 10 kg
- size: 400*340*150mm
SPECS: OTL mode:
- power output: 5,8 watt - 220 ohm load - ( 1% THD )
- max. output voltage 100 VAC / 2kohms load
- bandwide: 10 - 150.000 hz ( 100 ohms )
- Ri: 0.01 ohm
THD: configure - LM 351 - 3V - 1 kHz
100 ohm load 0,014%
THD: configure - LM 351 - 3V - 10 kHz
100 ohm load 0,014%
THD: configure - OPA134 - 3V - 1 kHz
100 ohm load 0,008%
THD: configure - OPA134 - 1V - 10 kHz
100 ohm load 0,018%
- Gain: 23 dB
- s/n - ratio: 100 dB
SPECS: match - transformer mode: ( impedancer )
THD: configure - OPA134 / 1 kHz / 8 ohm load
0.1 VAC - 0.015%
0.3 VAC - 0.015%
0.6 VAC - 0.02%1.5 VAC - 0.1%3.0 VAC - 0.3%
- all other higher impedances have a more and more lower THD
- match transformer supported impedances: 8 > 16 > 32 > 64 > 128 ohms load
SPECS: MM phono - section:
- output impedance: 450 ohm
- input impedance: 47 kOhm
RIAA accuracy: (Referenz - 0,000dB - 1Khz:
100Hz - 0,07dB10.000Hz - 0,04dB20.000Hz - 0,02dB30.000Hz - 0,02dB
distortion: 0,015% ( 1V rms output signal )